Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inspiration Flower Card

Hi Blog Friends,

My post yesterday showed you my inspiration for this card.  As promised, here is my take on the cute flowers that are on the purse.  I didn't layer the fabric flowers on this card, but I may on future projects.  This flower came in a "Love" kit that I purchased early last year.  There are others in the kit as well.  They are all different shapes and sizes.  However, if you don't have any on hand you can make them.

 I took the ones that I had on hand (you can freehand it or print out some from an online source) and traced them onto some cardboard.  (I save the cardboard from most everything...rice boxes, frozen dinners, cereal boxes etc.)  I then cut them out to use as templates.  If you have a favorite piece of fabric or other medium, you can just use your template to trace your flower and then cut it out.  Easy peasy!!  Again, if you have been inspired by an everyday item, I would love to hear about it!  Thanks for spending time with me and Happy Crafting to ya!





The cardstock is Papertrey Ink in Melon Berry.  The "Air Mail" ticket is from a Travel kit I had in my stash.  The center of the flower is from those bags of pebbles that you can put in candle jars and such.  I purchased a decorated pumpkin from our local pumpkin patch this year, and the pumpkin had the pebbles hot glued on it.  When it was time to discard the pumpkin, I took the pebbles off and saved them for future use... Ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  The LOVE stamp and ink are Tim Holtz...


No comments:

Post a Comment