Monday, April 26, 2010

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX

Happy Monday Everyone,

I hope you all had a glorious weekend.  Our weekend was full of fun things.  My daughter had a band contest all day on Saturday.  This allowed me to get some crafting done.  On Sunday we went to church, and then to a friends daughters MDO graduation.  These little kiddo's put on great performances.  It is so nice to see these kids get up in front of many people and sing their little hearts out.  I don't have that kind of courage.  Anyway, here is a card that I made.

 I was wanting to think outside of the box a little bit.  Albert over at A.Go's Craftomonium always inspires me with his choices of color and his elegant cards.  In with the blog candy that I won, he included a handmade card with the most beautiful butterfly on it.  I asked him where he had gotten it and he told me that it was from a K&Company Grand Adhesions pack.  So, when I was at Joann's last weekend I was looking for these.  Well, they didn't have the exact butterflies that he purchased, but they did have some in a different shade.  I grabbed the last package off the rack. 

When I set out to make this card, I knew that I wanted it to be different than what I usually make.  Sometimes I get stuck in a "crafty rut" if you will.  My cards all tend to look the same.  So.....here is what I came up with.  What do you think?




I picked the blue/gray paper from a DCWV Latte Pack.  I had some gold scraps from the same pack that I just cut into these shapes.  I chose black and transparent prima flowers with silver brads to accent.  I inked the edges of my shaped gold paper in gold and in charcoal.  I stamped "hello" at the bottom and added the butterfly.  You can't really tell from the pic, but the butterfly has the same blue/gray coloring on the transparent overlay that is on top.  I still felt that is was missing something, so I added some pearls.  Did I mention that I am in love with these butterflies?  They are just so beautiful...

A funny side note....Since this is really out of my comfort zone, I was proudly showing my boyfriend (who is not into any type of crafting AT ALL!) this card.  He takes one look at it and asks me "what does the Z stand for?"  I said with total confusion "what do you mean the Z."  He says "the Z....right there....the Z that you made out of the gold weird shaped paper....what does it stand for?"  That is when I saw "the Z."  I had not realized it before, but I HAD placed the gold "weird" shaped paper into a Z.  Well, of course now that is all that I see when I look at this card.  And of course now that I have told you about the Z, that is all you will see too.  However, I had to share the story.  I am still glad that I am trying to think outside the box and push myself to try new things....but rest assured that next time I will not be placing "weird" shaped paper into any kind of letter!!

As always, thank you so much for taking the time to look.  I really do welcome comments and feedback from my fellow crafters.  Have a wonderful and blessed day.........Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment